Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"Wayne Feed" in the 'Scapes Exhibit, Brandywine Valley Plein Air

"Wayne Feed," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
"Wayne Feed" was accepted into this month's popular 'Scapes exhibit at the Art League (105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA). It was created plein air (in the open air, from life) during Wayne Plein Air 2015. Painting at night is tricky ... but was sure helped in this case by an enthusiastic and resourceful homeowner. You'll have to ask me how he "lit" the way for me.

See more like it in my web site's Places Gallery.

Speaking of Plein Air events, I was just accepted to compete in another -- Brandywine Valley Plein Air that will take place mid-October.  I'll do a little more research and calendar-finagling with that one before accepting my place -- but look forward to the chance to participate in the event.

 The Mystic Seaport Outdoor Art Festival is this weekend, August 8 & 9 ... and I hope to see you there. Follow the link below for more info.
August 8-9: Mystic Seaport Outdoor Art Festival, Mystic, CT 
 

Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel



See the Events page for more info/updates

September 1-30: Along the Way, Solo Show, Great Falls, VA
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 50-60 Great Falls artists.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL



No comments: