Friday, August 14, 2015

A New York City Street

"Street Lights," oil, 40"h x 30"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
I figure that someone could map my brain cells to determine what will be next on my easel. This is the path I think those thoughts took.

  • We've been passing back and forth through New York City for multiple shows -- Wickford, Westport, Mystic -- so its calling my name. 
  • A favorite painting "Crosswalk" of another NYC street recently went to its new digs and I miss it.  
  • There's a John Singer Sargent exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (in NYC) that's also on my mind (as in, why didn't I stop there on the last six times passing through?).
That means I've got to paint a New York City street scene, right?

So here's the result.

What do you think?

See more like it in the Places Gallery under Works on my web site.

I'm finalizing plans for September art classes. Think Tuesdays (day and evening) and Thursdays (day). More news soon.

And, postcards arrived today for my September solo show ("Along the Way") in Great Falls, VA. I love them! Hope you do, too.  Since 2005, whenever I'm the one in charge of ordering postcards, my vendor of choice has been Modern Postcard. I know they aren't the least expensive option but the result is well worth it.

And, one more bit of really good news.  Randy and I had the happy good fortune to have lunch with my Mom and Dad -- en route home from "staple removal" at the doctor's office after Dad's back surgery. This was his first meal out since surgery.  Quite an occasion!

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel

See the Events page for more info/updates
September 1-30: Along the Way, Solo Show, Great Falls, VA
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 50-60 Great Falls artists.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL




No comments: