Saturday, November 15, 2014

Something Else Instead

"Old Wall, Italy," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Despite having gone to Open Life at the McLean Community Center today (one of my rare appearances this year), my blog post is going to reveal one of my paintings from the August Paint With Me in Italy workshop instead.  (The painting from today might be a wiper ... as in, returning to a blank canvas. Oh well. It happens.)

This was a familiar scene from the B&B that many of us stayed at in Treiso in the wine region of Italy. (Planning for the 2015 workshop is in progress.) I painted it there ... put did some touch-ups, needed or not, last week in the studio. I'll add it to my web site momentarily where you can find it in the Places Gallery under works.

Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Classes are filling rapidly ... REALLy rapidly.


Events and Exhibits
  • November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries). Small Works Show, same gallery ... "Circle of Truth."
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link

No comments: