Saturday, November 8, 2014

"Market Day" Finished, Winter Classes

"Market Day," (Alba, Italy), oil on linen, 36"h x 48"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
I painted a smaller sketch of this painting (12" x 16") in the Alba Market in the Piemonte wine region of Italy on the day before workshop students were heading home.  That sketch and the memory of the market were my guides for this one ... until the sketch went home with one of my collectors days ago. 

Francesco offered me watermelon slices for my painting efforts and got a kick out of being a subject.  Lots of others in the market loved it, too.  A great, great day ... fun to relive as this large piece gave me plenty of hours and days full of memories of Italy.

Also, I was a bit rushed publishing yesterday's post.  If you're a subscriber (reading these as an email), you missed out on some pictures and the announcement that class info for the Winter term is up on my web site.  (See the full post here.) I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com.

Events and Exhibits
  • November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries). Small Works Show, same gallery ... "Circle of Truth."
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link



No comments: