Thursday, November 13, 2014

Night Painting In Old Town

"Night Lights on King Street," oil, 24"h x 12"w,©Jill Banks 2014
Two more paintings from Old Town ... from Tuesday night.  I couldn't see my palette or easel well ... but the view was great enough from this spot to give it a shot anyway.  Enjoy!

Because I was taking the photos at night, with wet paintings, there's a huge glare to contend with. When I get a chance, I will replace the photos with better ones.

I'm heading back to Old Town Alexandria (VA) in just a minute for the Awards Reception of the "Large Works, Small Works" exhibit at the Art League. "Garden Girl" won an Honorable Mention.

So that's it for now.

Sign Up for Winter Classes
I'll be teaching Portrait class on Sundays, 1:30 to 5:30pm starting January 25 for six sessions ... and Still Life on Tuesdays, 10am to 1pm starting January 13 for eight sessions.  Class size is limited ... sign up now. More info and a link to register is on my Classes page at www.JillBanks.com.

Events and Exhibits
  • November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries). Small Works Show, same gallery ... "Circle of Truth."
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
"Night at the Pier," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Thanks for reading!

Jill


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link



No comments: