Friday, August 22, 2014

Three of My New Paintings Heading to Shadyside!

"Italian Vines," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014, $630 -- from my August workshop in Piemonte
Well we're heading to the Shadyside Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh ... in just a few minutes. There, bright (actually still dark) and early Saturday morning, Randy and I will be setting up the tent, loading it with many of my favorite paintings including these three, never exhibited before/freshly framed new ones.

"Circle of Truth," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014, $630 -- a nocturne from my own backyard
I hope to see some of you at Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA, Saturday, August 23, 10am to 7pm and Sunday, August 24, 10am to 5pm!

"Fresh Picks," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014, $630
Fall Classes Ahead
Fall classes start in September when I'll be teaching Still Life (8 sessions, Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, September 16 to November 4, $325) and the Plein Air  Landscape in Oils (6 sessions, Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm, September 18 to October 30 -- no class October 16, $325). For more info, see my web site's classes page. I have yet to update my supply list ... but will catch up shortly. If you are interested in signing up, do so soon. Classes fill very quickly.

Coming Up


Classes are offered through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA). More information -- including how to register -- is available on my web site.  Still life only has a two spots left!
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

Register for Fall 2014 Classes. Get more info on my Classes page on my web site.

No comments: