|"Torino Bridge," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
My painting spot was across the bridge Ponte Umberto I over the River Po in Torino, Italy. Randy was on alert ... a few feet from me. Torino, from what I can tell in just a few short hours, is a beautiful Italian city ... but yet as an urban center, it didn't offer that feeling of safety and comfort of the Piemonte hill towns we'd just left behind. Nice to know that Randy was keeping watch.
|An audience in Torino|
Yesterday was a lazy, quiet day. I miss the laughter and good cheer of the workshop. Food will never be nearly as good -- and won't suddenly appear whenever I want it.
An amazing time comes to a close. The great news is that every day life is pretty darn good, too -- despite the downgrade in scenery and edibles.
Fall Classes Ahead
|"Hoot and Flowers," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)
Register for Fall 2014 Classes. Get more info on my Classes page on my web site.