|"Alba Market," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014. Painted live in Alba, Italy's Saturday market|
|Tonight's dinner at Profumo di Vino in Treiso, Italy. We look pretty happy, yes?|
|The Mayor of Treiso invited us to show our paintings in the chapel. This is half of them. More to come.|
I will remember today.
I will remember being in the market, in a foreign land that becomes familiar -- mine -- because, through art, I choose to be a part of it. I get to take it home with me.
|Dorry on her Great Italian Adventure ... on a Vespa with Manu|
According to Manu, two men who were looking at it from behind me while I painted were disturbed that my head was blocking their view.
Today is at the culmination of a week that to coin Christine's phrase is BETTER than a dream come true.
I hope, that with technology on my side, once home -- that more pictures worth a thousand words can be shared. Trying it here would wear me out.
So for now, friends, Ciao!
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)