|"Time in La Morra," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2014 features Anna and Dot as my models in the piazza at La Morra. Thank you! The former bench inhabitants had moved on|
And lots more.
While driving back from a very full, happy day in La Morra with Christine and Anne, two very enthusiastic workshoppers, Christine said she'd titled her journal for the trip "Better Than a Dream Come True." Totally agree!
|Trina painting a balcony lined with geraniums in La Morra. Bella!|
We rose early to depart on the 45 minute trip to La Morra from Treiso -- to gain a whole morning of painting. Considering so many of the workshop students are beginners, it is amazing how easily they've adapted to discovering a place, and selecting from there what they most want to paint, setting up their easels, making their sketches, laying down the foundation and going to work. Each painting from the week is better than the one before. Their attitudes are fantastic. It would be difficult to feel otherwise, but they are thrilled to be here, sharing this once-in-a-lifetime experience (but we're -- Manu, Mary Beth, Randy and I are already planning to do this again next year). You're invited ... with the current attendees getting first dibs on 2015 slots.
|The group in La Morra, Italy. (From left to right: Anne, Dorry, Mary Beth, Sarah, Claudia (the artist), Me, Joanne, Levena, Anna, Trina, Dot)|
|Levena at Roche Castelagmano|
|"Fortress and Flowers," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2014: this morning's painting at La Morra, Italy.Photos from this whole trip have been off. I guess I need to read the manual. Or come back?|
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)