Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Sitting with Statues" Inside the Loggia, Piazza della Signoria, Florence ... Finished

"Sitting with Statues," Florence, Italy, oil, 30"h x 40"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Finally.  I've been wanting to finish this painting ... based on a plein air piece created at this spot in April. Read about "Sitting with Statues' in progress and its inspiration on my earlier post here.

Today was spent working away in the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 14 other artists. With a full schedule recently it's been awhile since painting there, enjoying the company of many of my studiomates. We caught up some, and then settled in to work at our own easels. It was a pretty wonderful day.

If you read my last post, you know that Randy and I have put our home on the market, ready to move into a townhouse condo (still local, with a fantastic home studio space) to make it easy to take my art on the road -- with workshops, painting trips, juried art festivals. Getting ready has slimmed down my painting escapades and made me cranky. Two full days of painting exactly what I wanted have provided the cure.

Later this week I'll be participating in the Paint the Shenandoah invitational paint-out. That means painting the town of Washington, VA (where the Inn of Little Washington stands), and vineyards, mountains ...

Sooner or later I'll put up the posts from those days.

Check out my website's events page for more info on what else is ahead... like the Amagansett Fine Art Festival with a fantastic roster of artists in the Hamptons July 4, 5 & 6.

Coming Up

  • June 26-29: Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Paintout, Sperryville, VA and vicinity
  • July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
  • July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading,

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: