Sunday, June 8, 2014

"Tomatoes": Slow Post

"Tomatoes," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Life moves a bit too quickly sometimes for me to keep up in the typing, writing, blogging department. As in this week.

On Tuesday, my next to last Still Life class of the Spring session, the classroom was filled (as usual)with inspirational setups to paint. So inspirational that after class is over, often, I pick one, pull out my brushes and capture it.

Thus, "Tomatoes."

Fewer still lifes have made it onto my easel this year. It was time. If I stay away from one subject for too long, I miss it. A lot!

Columbia Festival of the Arts (in Columbia, MD) is coming up at the end of this week. I'll be in Booth #44, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 13-15, 2014 and would REALLY love to see you there. My hope is to include some new work in this weekend's booth. As in, you may have seen it on my blog .... but not in person.

See my web site's events page for more info.

Coming Up

  • June 13, 14, 15: Columbia Festival of the Arts, Columbia, MD
  • June 26-29: Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Paintout, Sperryville, VA and vicinity
  • July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
  • July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
With all these events happening in new places, and my being the "new tent" in many towns -- I really hope you can attend some or let me borrow your friends in these spots.  Please spread the word. Art fairs are a gamble of sorts. I foot the expense of tent, travel, accommodations, pack up what I hope visitors want to see, put up the tent, talk art, bring my very best attitude and work, cross my fingers.

Your help, advice, recommendation will be GREATLY appreciated.


Thanks for reading,

Jill
Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!    

No comments: