Friday, April 5, 2013

Well, Fluent I'm Not...

A screen shot from the latest email newsletter ... oops and all.
I just pressed "send newsletter" when the thought struck to check the spelling on the headline. It seems apropos to have typed "Je T'Aime Paris" vs. "J'Aime Paris." In any case, I love the place.

If you're not currently a subscriber to News From the Easel, I hope you'll become one. To go to the subscription page, click here. To see previous editions, visit the newsletter archive.

Randy and I arrived back home yesterday afternoon from our ten-day trip to Paris.  Right now I can't wait to start to put all that inspiration to use in paint.

As wonderful as the trip was, it is good to get home.  We ate dinner with my parents -- who we haven't seen for months -- as they returned from Hilton Head while we were away. I missed them!!!

Today, I did get  to paint a little of Paris ... capturing one of the statues near the Louvre's glass pyramid -- replete with a seagull on top. This is painted on a brand new purchase: Centurion's Deluxe oil-primed linen canvas pads that sell 10 sheets to a pad.  (Work will need to be mounted onto a surface to be frameable. You can purchase the same linen already mounted on panels or as stretched canvas.) It's a fantastic surface. I highly recommend it. (To purchase through Jerrys Artarama, go to: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/canvas-and-boards/canvas-pads/centurion-deluxe-oil-primed-linen-pads.htm.)
"French Horseman," oil on Centurion linen, 8"h x 6"w, ©Jill Banks 2013

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events and Exhibits

Don't miss out. Sign up now for Spring Classes that start April 9 (Still Life in Oils -- but you can work on your own projects from reference materials in this class as well, Tuesdays, 9:30am-1:30pm, $375) and April 10 (Painting the Landscape, Wednesdays, 9:30am-1:30pm, $375 -- full of plein air adventures) offered through the Great Falls School of Art, Great Falls, VA.  Go to my web site: www.JillBanks.com, click on Classes for supply list and registration info.  You need to be pre-registered for classes -- especially for landscape -- to know where each class will be held. Class size is limited.  I hope you can join us!

More events and exhibit info available through my web site. 

No comments: