Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

"Snow Garden," oil, 16"h x 12"w, © Jill Banks 2013
I did declare a snow day for what was going to be the last day of portrait class for the term ... and then wanted to take advantage of being surrounded in it. In paint. Since I'm not ready to stand outside in 30° weather, I picked a view out the window.  So, sort of plein air.

"Snow Garden" was painted through the laundry room window of our backyard garden. Our neighbors in the back are close ... and this was being finished up near nightfall when their lights add warmth to the scene.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435



See my web site for Events & Exhibits: www.JillBanks.com.



2 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

Lovely painting. I recognize that garden. I believe I walked my grandson through it. Are you and Randy coming to Hilton Head this Spring?

Jill Banks said...

Hi Jerry,

You were there. I don't know if we'll be able to make it to Hilton Head this Spring. There's a trip to Paris on the horizon with lots to do before it.

Say hello to all for me.

Jill