Saturday, March 9, 2013

Painting the Forest Goddess

"Artemis," oil, 11"h x 14"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
After painting at the Atelier during open hours, I headed off ... a little reluctantly to the Open Life Long Pose session held at the McLean Community Center (McLean, VA). Reluctantly -- because I wasn't very far along on what was being worked on this afternoon.

Open Life was terrific. I walked in just as the pose and set-up were ready. It was quite a scene ... and I started with this portrait ... finishing it about halfway through so I could capture the whole set-up in a second painting.  That you'll see in tomorrow's post.

Artemis is the Greek goddess of the forest ... and I imagine that's who sat for us today.

Cupcake as Subject
"Artsy Cupcake," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©Jill Banks 2013

The giveaway at Thursday's fundraiser for the Great Falls Foundation of the Arts were cupcakes with a palette of "paint" on top.  Before I could test mine, it had to pose on my easel.  The cupcakes were from Georgetown Cupcake ... cute and tasty.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435



See my web site for Events & Exhibits: www.JillBanks.com.

No comments: