Monday, September 10, 2012

"Joan with Chrysanthemums" Portrait Painting Demo

"Joan with Chrysanthemums," oil, 20"h x 16", ©Jill Banks 2012
Arriving home late ... three hours over my original estimate tonight ... husband Randy inquired what I'd been painting. My answers are often met with at least a hint of "why were you working on that?" as in there were other better choices on hand ... or the possibility that I was "noodling."

I plead the fifth.

Today was the first day of my portrait class, and Joan Piper readily agreed to be our model. She was a terrific sitter. Her hair was agreeably wild and fun to paint. Plus, she enjoyed the conversation about brushes, materials, artists, and more.

There may be more to do here ... as I am a little worried about some of the colors. The photo's a bit blurry as well. I signed it ... but that doesn't mean the brush is officially down.

Tomorrow is the first day of my Fall Still Life class. I set up something pretty interesting for the demo. Should definitely be fun to paint.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits
September 8-30, Visiting Artist Program Exhibit, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. "Rainy Morning Breakfast" and "Dining Alfresco" are on view.


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
 
Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

More October and November events are listed on my web site: www.JillBanks.com

No comments: