Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Day on the Town, Plein Air

"Town Center Fountain" work in progress, oil, 11"h x 14"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Gorgeous weather. A perfect Fall day. A picnic lunch with my mom and dad.

Today, I painted in two different spots at the Reston Town Center (Reston, VA), enjoying being out and about. Three paintings were started. And now I'm completely pooped.

This is the first day I've had the chance to paint there after gaining permission to set up my easel. That made it super special. People sure seemed to enjoy having someone there painting ... as much as I loved being there. Lots of appreciative visitors stopped by. Especially kids -- as always. They rule.

It was also obvious the location was near my mom's home base. A number of people started talking to me ... and then asked, "Are you Jill?" It appears my mom has done enough promotion to form the equation, artist = Jill (Shonnie's daughter). 

Here's one of the three starts. The fountain at the Town Center is such a treasure. I'm sure it will be a subject many times.

Events and Exhibits
September 8-30, Visiting Artist Program Exhibit, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. "Rainy Morning Breakfast" and "Dining Alfresco" are on view.


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA 
Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

More October and November events are listed on my web site: www.JillBanks.com

No comments: