Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Eat Your Veggies" Still in Progress

"Eat Your Veggies" work in progress, oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
For some reason, this painting -- started as the demo for the first day of Still Life class -- has proved to be a tough challenge. To be fair, I have been painting it in the "relative" dark -- to keep the classroom cool and lighting on my subject in high contrast.

That means -- I can't see the color well enough until the painting is shown in better light. Surprises occur. It's time to let it sit. In a brighter place. Where I can see it out of the corner of my eyes.

With MPA Artfest (October 14, 10am-5pm, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA) and the Great Falls Studio Tour (October 20 & 21, self-guided tour of 50 artists in their studios in Great Falls, VA) right around the corner, all the artists I know are diligently preparing, planning and producing -- getting ready for the big events. I better get on that bandwagon. Sooner or later.

Go to my web site's Events page for more info on Artfest and the Studio Tour.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits
September 8-30, Visiting Artist Program Exhibit, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. "Rainy Morning Breakfast" and "Dining Alfresco" are on view.


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA 
 
Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

More October and November events are listed on my web site: www.JillBanks.com

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love where this is going. The purple is fantastic, so rich and expressive. And the red pepper is calling me. :0)