Friday, March 9, 2012

"Heirlooms" Painting ... All Day

"Heirlooms," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Today I was excited to have a day to just paint, paint, paint ... although I did take the time to update the Classes page on my Web site (for Portrait class starting April 2 and Still Life starting April 3). If you're interested, take a look and sign up soon.

I've been thinking about hierlooms, creating and appreciating them lately. While these aren't officially named heirloom tomatoes, the food we eat ... and grow ... were passed down. As this tarnished pitcher and horse with rider were to me. As the art of painting has passed from artist to artist ... for centuries.

Tomorrow I'll be at the Artists' Atelier (1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066) for open hours, Saturdays, noon to 4pm. Come stop in to enjoy the art and the "Black & White" exhibit. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: