Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Il Gatto" Finished


"Il Gatto", oil on Raymar panel, 14" x 11", Jill Banks 2010
I started this painting awhile ago ... and it is one of many that sat unframed, leaning on the floor of my studio ... obviously asking for a little attention. In the midst of all the things I need to do to get organized for the upcoming art events, I did what I needed to do. Paint. This was challenging (like it always is when my routine's been thrown off course) ... but fun. Good looking fellow.

I'm using, consistently, tons more paint. There are piles of paint on this one. Can't explain why ... other than those pools of paint on my palette must just be begging to be put to good use.

This one won't be at Sunday's McLean MPA Artfest (October 3, 10:30am-4:30pm in McLean Central Park). Anything being painted today on will be too wet to make an appearance. But ... I do have a great frame for it  ... and it should be a present for Great Falls Annual Studio Tour October 16&17.

I hope to see you at all the art-going-ons this October. See earlier posts on events and my web site for details.

See "Il Gatto" in its starting stages on an earlier post.

"Il Gatto", oil on Raymar panel, 14"h x  11"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: