Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Chocolate with Sprinkles" Debuts at the Farmer's Market

Since I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment, only some of my artwork is loaded in the van for my Saturday's (today -- September 25) Farmer's Market booth (9am-1pm at the Great Falls Village Centre, near the intersection of Walker Road and Georgetown Pike in Great Falls, VA). Let's call it a sneak preview for the big upcoming events: MPA Artfest one week + one day away on Sunday, October 3, 10:30am-4:30pm in McLean Central Park (McLean, VA) and the Great Falls Annual Studio Tour on Saturday and Sunday, October 16&17, 10am-5pm where I'll be in my studio at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. Find out more about Studio Tour at www.GreatFallsStudios.com and more about Artfest at www.mpaart.org. Lots of other stuff going on too in October, personal and art-wise. More exhibit info is listed on the home page of my web site: www.JillBanks.com.

Anyway, my donut painting "Chocolate with Sprinkles", once named "On the Edge Donut"will be making its first public appearance at the Farmer's Market. Perhaps it will be gobbled up. I used a palette knife on this little one... and the texture of the paint is, well, pretty cool. I have absolutely no "official" idea how to use a palette knife but it seems full of possibilities. More experiments to follow.

I hope to see you soon!

"Chocolate with Sprinkles", 5"h x 5"w, oil on canvas, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

No comments: