Monday, April 12, 2010

Web Site Just Updated and Yesterday

More fun times were had by all at yesterday's Great Falls Studios Spring Art Show at the Colvin Run Historic Schoolhouse in Great Falls, VA. Lots of regular eventgoers showed up ... but lots of new people, too ... coming from all over the area. What's interesting to me is how appreciative visitors are that you take the time to talk to them about your art. I'm appreciative that they are interested in discussing it. Just as my paintings unfold before me as I'm painting them (as I see something new in my subject), the discussions lead the visitor to see more and more in the painting. Each painting holds a story and its enlightening to hear how others interpret it.

I sold two more works yesterday. Three in all for the weekend. "Sauce or Salsa?" went to a couple who will be taking it with them to hang in their future home in the South of France. "Basilica of Constantine and Maxenthius", my drawing fresh from the Forum in Rome, went to a fellow artist in the show. One of the dangers of participating in these art shows is that we have two days to be tempted by each others' art. I went home with a new, "lucky" mug from potter Laura Nichols and an art-quilt covered guestbook from fiber artist Cindy Grisdela. Couldn't help it. I'm happier having them!

I updated my web site this morning with new updates to come. I realized that most of the paintings and drawings I had for sale at the show this weekend were missing from the site. I can't correct that overnight -- but I did add four paintings (of New York City streets) to my Places Gallery. Plus, (drumroll), I added pricing info to that gallery as well. I plan to do this for the other galleries (Still Life, Portraits, Drawings) ... but that will take me a little while. I'll also be adding many paintings in the process.

"Sauce or Salsa?", oil on linen, 8"h x 10"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010. Sold
"Basilica of Constantine and Maxenthius", ink, watercolor wash, pencil, 8"h x 10"w outer mat, copyright Jill Banks 2010. Sold.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: