Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Accepted into Salmagundi's National Exhibit

There's lots more to catch up on ... but I'm still catching up since coming home from Italy yesterday. I heard word late this afternoon that two of my drawings were accepted into the Salmagundi Club's (a prestigious art club in New York City) Annual Graphics and Photography Exhibit slated for this summer. One is a drawing I did of my daughter Sarah, as a warm-up before teaching my first drawing class. The second is the drawing of "The Nutcracker" created while son Sam was recuperating from surgery (while hanging out in his college apartment). Sort of a family affair.

Today I was ordering frames, hopefully in time for this weekend's art show at the Colvin Run Schoolhouse (Saturday and Sunday, April 10& 11, 10am-5pm, Colvin Run Road, Great Falls, VA). Plus, working a bit on the Patil portrait, and doing odds and ends. I'm spending lots of time thinking, absorbing, contemplating my next paintings and direction. That Caravaggio exhibit "got" me. So did the Sistine Chapel. So did the people, sights, sounds encountered these past two weeks. I'm percolating.

My two accepted works are:
"Sarah", copyright Jill Banks 2009
"The Nutcracker", General's layout pencil, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

This is my second time being accepted into this exhibit. I'll give more details later for exhibit dates, address, reception, etc.

Registration is still going on for Great Falls School of Art classes that start next week. I hope you sign up! Go to my classes page on my web site: www.jillbanks.com for more information.

Come to the Colvin Run Schoolhouse show this weekend.

I will post more about my Italy trip and drawings. Promise!

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: