Saturday, April 3, 2010

View from the Pantheon Steps

Still a short blog ahead. There's just too much I'm busy doing and taking in to type much. But, here you're in the thick of the action ... maybe you can't tell ... but imagine huge crowds around you, behind you, in front of you and you'll get the picture. As we approach Easter (tomorrow), the already thick crowds have increased ... it seems each and everyday. Then, decide to sit on the steps of the Pantheon ... an obvious major attraction and sketch. I stood up for one second (I swear) and someone took my seat. I still sat back down but with about an eighth of the room ... in hopes that the interloper would be sympathetic and stand up. Nope. Eventually, I regained my whole rear-end's worth.

Randy and I have had an absolutely amazing time. Traveling here just opens up the senses. I'm more alive. Inspiration on this trip tops any others. There's a sense of trepidation and excitement that prevails before seeing what develops. Let's HOPE ... and then I'll promise to work.

One more day and then home sweet home.

"View from the Pantheon Steps", ink and sketch and wash, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: