Friday, January 30, 2009

"Coconut Cake" and My Snow Day


I purchased this coconut cake as part of a still life I planned to set up for the first day of my Great Falls still life class last Tuesday. Bad weather caused me to cancel class -- so I painted the "scene" instead. I'll have to figure out a new plan for next Tuesday's session.

I'm teaching still life painting through the Loudoun Academy of the Arts in Leesburg, VA on Thursday evenings and through the Great Falls School of Art (part of the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts) on Tuesday mornings. I did bring the cake to my Leesburg class -- and they did a great job!

By the way, this cake smelled fantastic -- making it tougher not to take a bite!

"Coconut Cake", oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: