Sunday, August 19, 2018

Paris Outside the Window

Fifth Floor View, oil on linen-lined panel, 24"h x 12"w, ©2018 Jill Banks
If there was a way for me to talk with you that didn't involve technology, that would be exactly how I'd do it. 

Today, when it's almost time to say goodbye to Paris, I painted near the surface of the Seine, preparing for the sunset on Pont Neuf and capturing a quick view of Pont des Arts before making an about-face. It was my favorite evening among so many.  I did well painting Pont Neuf at sunset but what I saw and felt will be added to that image before appearing here. Same with Pont des Arts. Same with so many of the 15 canvases that will head back to the States. It isn't that I want them perfect, I want what I saw and felt to live in them so you can as well.

This is just one extraordinary city. Now that I've met hundreds of people, two rank in the trouble department. One who consumed many too many at Rue de Mouffetard and another on the grumpy side selling glace (ice cream/sorbet) outside Giverny. Actually, a few extra city crazy folks swear outside the window on occasion but I don't include them as acquaintances.

I always leave a place knowing what needs to be painted.  For me now, it's Rue de Mouffetard. I painted two canvases there but want to sew the scene together. That will one day make sense. Photos don't seem to be doing anything justice ... so see for yourself. Next chances are at Shadyside in Philadelphia, my solo show in Great Falls and other shows in September. Contact me if something in particular is of interest.

                                                                                                                                                                          
Le Soleil D'Or, oil on linen-lined panel, 16"h x 20"w, ©2018 Jill Banks
See more of my paintings from here and elsewhere in the Places collection on my website: www.JillBanks.com
#pleinairpainting #paintinginParis #jillbanksart

Thanks for visiting! 
Jill
 
P.S. My Fall classes are up on my website and open for registration - See Classes

I'm also the judge for the ArtSpace Herndon Portrait Expressions Competition and Exhibition -- Learn more and register here by September 1 by 5pm.
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email: jill@jillbanks.com


Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)


 
Read the Article: Southwest Art Artist to Watch,  July 2017 Here's a link to the PDF of the wonderful Artist to Watch article written by Kim Agricola. 


ART EVENTS
First Friday Art Walk in the Village Centre 6-8pm, (from April to December 2018) Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22033. (Studio is also open Wednesdays, noon to 4pm and Saturdays, 10am to 2pm)
  
June 22-September 1: Oil Painters of America Salon Show, Traverse City MI
August 25-26: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh PA
September 15 & 16: Alexandria King Street Art Festival, Alexandria VA
September 20 to November 4: WAOW National Exhibition, Bartlesville OK (two pieces juried into this show)
September 29 & 30: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk NY
October 7: MPA McLean ArtFest, McLean VA

No comments: