Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Alexandria King Street Fine Art Festival Has Been Postponed ... See You September 22 & 23

Saturday, September 22, 10am to 7pm
Sunday, September 23, 10am to 5pm
Old Town Alexandria VA on King Street


My recent booth at Shadyside ... something similar full of artwork you just might want to take home will be in Alexandria VA for the King Street Art Festival on its new dates of September 22 and 23
I really want to see you in Old Town Alexandria for the King Street Art Festival ... but this fantastic outdoor fine art show isn't this weekend (September 15 & 16, 2018) as originally planned ... but is a GO for the following weekend on September 22 & 23. 

"Sky Drama," oil, 24"h x 24"w, ©2018 Jill Banks (painted plein air in New Hope PA)
Find out more about the festival here. And, get a sneak peek into what your may find in my booth here.  There are apt to be some fresh new paintings created between now (when I'm posting this) and the show.  I know I'll be meeting some goats and have paints ready to capture them ... the week leading up to the 22 & 23.  And if goats aren't your "thing," maybe urban streetscapes, markets, still lifes and people are.  (You'll find those in my booth too.)

And to find my booth, it really helps to have cross streets and landmarks ... but I will not find out my official booth number until September 20 so check my events page here before coming.  (My booth has been located right in front of the Alexandrian hotel in the past.  Hope to be there again.)

My booth won't look just like what's shown above. That middle cityscape on the the back wall was purchased last weekend and will go to its home far, far, far away as soon as the shipping logistics are worked out. Actually, many major pieces have found new homes lately. I will be working on a beautiful new showstopper. Wish me luck and good painting, please!!!!

There's lots of news to share ... so look for multiple blog posts today and tomorrow.  Also a newsletter coming to those subscribed via my website (it's not the same -- so if in doubt, go to www.JillBanks.com to subscribe). 

September 1-30: "Water Works" Solo Exhibit, The Old Brogue Great Falls VA. View the exhibit online here.
 
September 1-30: "Paint Great Falls Plein Air" Exhibit, The Arts of Great Falls Gallery, 756-C Walker Road, Great Falls VA. View the exhibit on Saturdays, 10am-Noon or by appointment.  My piece, "Station No. 12" was awarded 1st Place in the competition.

Station No. 12, oil, 12"x12", ©2018 Jill Banks - Won 1st Prize
September 22 & 23: Alexandria King Street Art Festival, Alexandria VA (NOTE: these are NEW dates as the Alexandria King Street Festival was postponed from the previous week.  Help us spread the word please.)

September 20 to November 4: WAOW National Exhibition, Bartlesville OK (two pieces juried into this show)

September 29 & 30: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk NY
 
October 7: MPA McLean ArtFest, McLean VA
 
October 19-21: Great Falls Annual Art Studio Tour, Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Rd, Great Falls VA
 
CLASSES Start September 25 and September 27 including Still Life Plus,  Evening Paint and Painting the Plein Air Landscape -- Get more info and Register at my Classes Page

Thanks for reading,

Jill 

Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email: jill@jillbanks.com


Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)


 
Read the Article: Southwest Art Artist to Watch,  July 2017 Here's a link to the PDF of the wonderful Artist to Watch article written by Kim Agricola. 

No comments: