Monday, February 15, 2016

"Market Day in San Gimignano" and Our Valentines

"Market Day in San Gimignano," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Days have been full.

Saturday we celebrated the upcoming birth of son Sam and daughter-in-law Michelle's baby girl with a Baby Shower.  With some extraordinary ladies present ... including great friends, Michelle, daughter Sarah and my Mom ... we had a joyous, beautiful time.

The setting was my parents condo in a retirement community ... the home Mom and Dad returned to  from Dad's very extended stay at rehab in the same complex but not HOME.  Dad is going into surgery on Wednesday -- as a healthy, strong patient -- after a very rough road. Now the doctors buoyed with a whole boatload of prayers (more always welcome) need to return him in the same great shape and spirits minus some hardware.

Mom and Dad's journey -- in life and in these long months -- sure show exactly what love should aspire to be. I'm so ridiculously proud of them and all their lessons (to Do what they Do) are most firmly ingrained.

I celebrated being married to a wonderful man -- yesterday -- for Valentine's Day. That celebration to be multiplied by 365 days (or 366 occasionally) -- every year.  I count my blessings!

That's him, Randy --  in the orange shirt, with my rolling studio plein air suitcase in front of him -- waiting for me to figure out where/what I want to paint.

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day celebrating those you love!

Thanks for reading!


Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates


That same guy managed to make it into another painting of mine today.

No comments: