|"Red Head" (Rooster), oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks (A Giverny chicken painted today -- post party)|
What Was Chosen
|"Mercato," (Venice, Italy), oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. Private collection|
- "Mercato" from Venice, Italy
- "Little Miss" painted while spending the weekend in my parents' condo
- "Once Upon a Time" of one of the setups from my Still Life Plus class
- "Rocky Shores" from Monterey, California
- "Red, White and Blue Rooster" from Kidwell Farm, Herndon, VA
- "Top Chicken" from Kidwell Farm, Herndon, VA
- "Caramel-Colored Cow" from Kidwell Farm, Herndon, VA
- "Our Lady of St. Patrick's" painted in Mystic, CT
- "Pool View" -- my demo painting the first night of my plein air workshop in Treiso, Italy
- "Geraniums" -- one of my first paintings created in La Morra, Italy getting ready for the workshop
|"Little Miss," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. Private collection|
Part of the fun is seeing the work in a home setting. One of the comments I received -- many times -- is that guests were surprised to see how well the house looked with so much artwork. (It does!) I'm definitely not a one wall, one painting sort of gal.
|"Once Upon a Time," oil, 12"h x 12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. Private collection.|
I didn't take any pictures while people were here (never even thought about it) but did last night after the last guests headed home.
After so many days of planning and preparing for the party, it was great to spend the whole afternoon painting at my easel. Yea! "Red Head" shown above is just one of several chickens that made it onto and then off my easel.
Consider this post ... TO BE CONTINUED. Visit again!
Winter classes are now up on my web site. Take a look! I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January on
|"Rocky Shores," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. Private collection.|
Thanks for reading (or looking)!
See the Events page for more info/updates
|Open House -- post party|
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show and Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL. Visit me in Booth #1132. Help me spread the word to anyone you think might be interested in coming to the show. Thank you!!!More to come -- just not today.
|One view of the Open House, this in our dining room -- photo by husband Randy -- one of very few taken with guests.|