Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Home Studio Open House ... Continued

"Geraniums," oil, 8"h x 5.5"w, ©2014 Jill Banks. Painted plein air in La Morra, Italy -- as I was "toning" my painting muscles in this beautiful spot before students arrived for my Paint with Me in Italy workshop. "Geraniums" has gone to just the right owner -- someone who appreciated them there in La Morra.

What Was Chosen, Part II

See yesterday's post for photos of four of the paintings off to new homes following Sunday's Home Studio Open House.

"Red, White and Blue Rooster," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. New place to roost.
Here's a repeat of the list of paintings purchased by happy new owners:
  1. "Mercato" from Venice, Italy
  2. "Little Miss" painted while spending the weekend  in my parents' condo
  3. "Once Upon a Time" of one of the setups from my Still Life Plus class
  4. "Rocky Shores" from Monterey, California
  5. "Red, White and Blue Rooster" from Kidwell Farm, Herndon, VA
  6. "Top Chicken" from Kidwell Farm,
    "Top Chicken," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. New place to roost.
    Herndon, VA
  7. "Caramel-Colored Cow" from Kidwell Farm, Herndon, VA
  8. "Our Lady of St. Patrick's" painted in Mystic, CT
  9. "Pool View" -- my demo painting the first night of my plein air workshop in Treiso, Italy
  10. "Geraniums" -- one of my first paintings created in La Morra, Italy getting ready for the workshop
Today, Randy and I had the pleasure of delivering and hanging "Mercato" -- with the chance to see it in its new abode.  I love that!

My promise of photos of my home hung with artwork is delayed at least until later tonight. (Check back later at jillbanks.blogspot.com -- since I have no way of changing the email once it's been sent.)
"Caramel-Colored Cow," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. Private collection

Winter classes are now up on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January on
Sunday afternoons, Still Life Plus (Personal Painting Projects on Tuesdays - 10:30am to 1:30pm and Evening Paint on Tuesday nights - 6:30 to 9:30pm through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, VA. Classes are filling. I hope you'll sign up soon and start the New Year 2016 off right -- with art.


Thanks for reading (or looking)!



Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show and Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL. Visit me in Booth #1132.  Help me spread the word to anyone you think might be interested in coming to the show.  Thank you!!!


No comments: