Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"Once Upon a Time" Fairytale To Be Painting

"Once Upon a Time," oil, 12"h x 12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
This was one of many still life setups occupying (with my help) the Great Falls School of Art for Tuesday's classes. It became what filled my canvas today.

In choosing locations for my Plein Air Landscape class or objects and arrangements for Still Life, I realize just how personal choice of subjects are. What I need to teach is how to align what you paint with what calls to you as communicator, as artist.  Tough task but that's just what I've had to teach and learn myself.

As you'd guess, my Fall classes are underway.

If you haven't already ... make a point to see my "Along the Way" exhibit at the Great Falls Library (VA) before it come down on September 30. Preview the exhibit online here. More info on the library open hours here.

Thanks for reading!
Jill

"Street Lights," oil, 40"h x 30"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. At a new home.
Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


September 1-30: "Along the Way" Solo Show, Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. 
October 4:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 50-60 Great Falls artists.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: