Friday, September 4, 2015

"Cars and Coffee Two," Painting, Painting, Painting

"Cars and Coffee Two," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
Classes are about to start. (Get more info and sign up for painting classes here.) My solo exhibit reception for "Along the Way" is just a short week away. (See an online preview of the show here or find out about the reception and events here.) A full Fall schedule is ahead.

Time to paint. A lot. My arm's worn out.

Another painting I've been wanting to get to is on the easel -- not ready for posting, but this one "Cars and Coffee Two" is. I'd set up my easel in early May of this year to capture this Great Falls, VA ritual, Cars and Coffee, held in the early hours every Saturday, weather willing. I was out there painting and enjoying it two weeks ago. It's possible I'll be there to see it tomorrow.  Too many choices for where to go, what to paint. Too few Saturdays.

Best news in my life ... Dad is still recovering, but happy and SO much better! Yay! YAY! Yay!

Back to School Time
Register for  Fall Classes. See my Classes page for info.


Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


September 1-30: "Along the Way" Solo Show, Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Reception: Saturday, September 12, 6:30 to 8:30pm at the Great Falls Library AND the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 50-60 Great Falls artists.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL



No comments: