Monday, May 4, 2015

Continuing the Conversation and Grand Opening At the Atelier, May 8, 7 to 9pm

Part of my booth at setup time at the Rockville Arts Festival
Oh, I wish ... I'd said.

This past weekend was spent exhibiting at A-RTS, the Arts Festival at Rockville Town Square in Maryland. It was my first time there and, with the clear exception of one visitor/collector ... almost all my visitors were seeing my work, meeting me for the first time.

Conversations move all over the place, and lingually, on the spot ... I'm just not that good at going with the flow. Half my ideas happen 24 hours later. Heck, that's not good.

One couple enthusiastically made the comment that they would love to see me paint sometime. Stuck in my brain was ... " do so many public demos, why can't I tell them when they could do this."

Out there on the immediate horizon for seeing me paint is:
  • May 31: the Quick Draw at Paint Great Falls, 10am to noon in the Village Centre in Great Falls.
  • May 16 : Painting in the town of Wayne PA at the culmination of Wayne Plein Air
  • June 7: I'm giving a demo on the Sunday of the Rittenhouse Square Show in Philadelphia at 1pm

But none of those responses pop into my brain when summoned.

Please let me know what your interests are and I will be in touch. All that's needed is an email (to jill@jillbanks.com). What you'd like to know. Subscribe to either my blog or email newsletter or both.

I WANT to connect you to the arts and me, if you'll let me.

You're Invited!
Grand Opening at the Artists' Atelier: Friday, May 8, 7 to 9pm
You're Invited! The Atelier has moved and we are really looking forward to introducing you to our new working studios, and beautiful new gallery and teaching space (the Great Falls School of Art is right across the hall) in the heart of Great Falls at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066. Join us Friday night, May 8, 7 to 9pm for the party. Refreshments while they last. Beautiful art you can take home if you'd like. Come alone or bring along some art-loving friends. Celebrate. Plenty of restaurants around, too to make it a full evening affair. The Old Brogue Irish Pub is two doors down.

I REALLY hope to see you!


"Green Pastures," oil on linen-lined panel, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014 accepted to the Salmagundi Club's Non-Member Painting and Sculpture Exhibition, May 26 - June 5, 2015 at the Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue in NYC
New Invitations from Westport and the Salmagundi Club
I'll be returning to Westport Connecticut for the Westport Fine Arts Festival
and "Green Pastures" was just accepted for the non-member Painting and Sculpture Exhibition at the Salmagundi Arts Club in New York City opening later this month. Good news!

So Much Going on This Month
You are Invited!  Grand Opening at the Artists' Atelier in our new exciting location at 756 Walker Road in Great Falls, VA. Celebrate with us on Friday, May 8 from 7 to 9pm. I'll have on view fresh new paintings from Madrid and the West Coast of Monterey, CA and many favorites from the last year or two.

Wayne Plein Air lies ahead ... in days. I'll be painting in and around Wayne and Philadelphia, Pa.

End of the month ... May 30 and 31: I'll be under a tent on the Village Green in the heart of Great Falls, Va (just use our new studio address: 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA for GPS directions) AND I'll be painting in Paint Great Falls and the Quick Draw on Sunday, May 31.

I sure hope to see you soon!

Call for Artists
Plus, if you enjoy plein air painting, consider registering for Paint Great Falls! (Great Falls VA) to capture the town from May 28 to 30 with a Quick Draw event on May 31, 10am to noon.  Registration is now open at www.greatfallsart.org/plein-air.

Thanks for reading!


Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


See the Events page for more info/updates

May 8: Grand Opening at the Artists' Atelier and School of Art, 7 to 9pm at our new location in the Village Centre -- the heart of Great Falls -- at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.
May 12-16:  Wayne Plein Air, Wayne and Philadelphia, PA. Juried as one of 30 artists nationwide to paint the area.
May 30-31: Art on the Green and Paint Great Falls, Outdoor Art Show (under a tent) and plein air competition and exhibit, Great Falls, VA
June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. Sunday, June 7: I'll be the official demoist at the show at 1pm.
June 18-21: VA Beach Boardwalk Art Show, Virginia Beach, VA. Visit my booth right on the boardwalk.
June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI
July 18-19: Westport Fine Arts Festival, Westport, CT
August 8-9: Mystic Seaport Outdoor Art Festival, Mystic, CT
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: