Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Cervantes View" Look at Madrid

"Cervantes View," (Madrid, Spain) oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2o15
Cervantes has managed to show up all over Madrid. He presided, although out of view that time, in "Shadow of Cervantes" right above my protagonists, Don Quixote and Pancho.

And now, I painted his back side -- pointing the way down the hill. I didn't have quite as much time as I'd like. From there, Randy and I were rushing off to catch a Flamenco show. A person or two might appear in this as well. After the fact.

While painting "Cervantes View," I met two artists -- one on his way to sketch and another who is a writer, sculptor, painter plus some other creative title.  Madrid is such an incredibly welcoming, beautiful place.

I'll have to return.

I'm now in another breathtaking spot. Look for new paintings in the days to come. (Please.)

In only a week and a half, my Painting the Plein Air Landscape class begins in Great Falls, VA. Find out more on my web site's Classes page. There are a few spots left in it and my Evening Paint class that starts the following week. But hurry!  I'd love to have you join us!

 Sign Up for Classes -- In Virgina
Registration is going on now for Spring classes -- Tuesday nights, 6:30pm to 9:30pm for Evening Paint and Thursdays, 10am to 2pm for Painting the Plein Air Landscape.  Take a look at my Classes page and I hope you'll join us.

Call for Artists
Plus, if you enjoy plein air painting, consider registering for Paint Great Falls! (Great Falls VA) to capture the town from May 28 to 30 with a Quick Draw event on May 31, 10am to noon.  Registration is now open at www.greatfallsart.org/plein-air.

Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


See the Events page for more info/updates
April 10 to May 1: Women Painters of the Southeast Juried Exhibition, Blue Ridge, GA
May 2 & 3: A-RTS @ Rockville Town Square, Rockville, MD
May 12-16:  Wayne Plein Air, Wayne and Philadelphia, PA. Juried as one of 30 artists nationwide to paint the area.
May 30-31: Art on the Green and Paint Great Falls, Outdoor Art Show (under a tent) and plein air competition and exhibit, Great Falls, VA
June 5-7: Rittenhouse Square: The Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. 
June 18-21: VA Beach Boardwalk Art Show, Virginia Beach, VA. Visit my booth right on the boardwalk.
June 29-July 5: Telluride Plein Air, Telluride, CO.  Juried as one of 32 artists who will spend the week painting this very cool town lined with Victorian houses, bustling street against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
July 11-12: Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL



No comments: