Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Farm Day Warm-Up

"Out Standing In the Field," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
Perfect Fall weather somehow steered my car to Kidwell Farm (part of Frying Pan Park in Herndon, VA) after finishing teaching Still Life class today.  Some of the still life setups were calling ... but they lost out to cows and sheep. (Sheep are in progress -- shown below.)

This is a really neat little painting hidden pretty well by a shaky camera operator.

Tomorrow I'll be returning to Kidwell with my Plein Air class. Bet they'll have fun.

This sheep is getting a friend. Just imagine that sepia blob turning sheeplike.
I've been preparing for my Portrait Painting Workshop taking place this Friday through Sunday, November 1 to 3 at the Great Falls School of Art.  If you're interested in joining what promises to be a great three days, email me. More information is available on my web site, www.JillBanks.com classes page.

This Wednesday, October 30 and Saturday, November 2 are the last two open days at the Atelier to see the Studio Tour exhibit.  With some repairs coming up, we will be taking a lot of the work out on Sunday.  So, stop in this Wednesday and/or Saturday, the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA from noon to 4pm.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com 

Events
See the events page on my website.  Thanks!



5th Annual Portrait Expressions Regional Juried Exhibition

ArtSpace Herndon

750 Center Street

Herndon, VA "Contrapposto" was chosen as a finalist. On exhibit through November 2
 
See me at the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 14 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 4pm and whenever an artist is in. Exhibit from Studio Tour up in the gallery through October 31.

No comments: