Saturday, February 16, 2013

Revisiting My "100 Faces in 100 Days" Project

Diane Scott (Face #99) next to the painting of her ... with me ... on April 9, 2011
On Monday, February 18, from 7 to 9pm, I'll be painting husband Randy (a demo, sort of) while discussing some of the stories, motivation, lessons learned from the crazy "100 Faces in 100 Days" project that brought a volunteer a day to my studio from January 1 to April 10 of 2011 to sit for an alla prima portrait. The presentation/demo will be a little like juggling (trying to paint and give a talk at the same time is almost impossible) -- it should remind me a lot of those very busy and challenging 100 days.

Reston Founder Bob Simon was Face #100 and only had 1 hour 15 minutes to sit
My demo and presentation will follow a short business meeting of the League of Reston Artists taking place at the Parkridge 5 Building, 10780 Parkridge Blvd. in Conference Room 400 on the 4th Floor, Reston, VA.  Non-League of Reston Artist Members are welcome to attend.

I know that some of my 100 Faces will be there. Maybe you'll hear about the project from their perspective.

You can "meet" my 100 Faces on my web site's 100 Faces in 100 Days page (or on this blog through entries from January 1 to April 10, 2011).  Each day during the project, I put up a post introducing the face of the day, what we talked about and learned from each other, funny and touching stuff. Excerpts from the blog post can be found by clicking on each of the faces on the web site.

Visitors at the May 2011 Exhibit in the Great Falls Library ... with some of my faces
Anyway, I hope you can come.










Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits

February 1 - February 28: "Flowers and Chocolate" Exhibit at the Artists'Atelier Gallery, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon - 4pm.

Monday, February 19, 7-9pm, Guest Speaker & Demonstrator, League of Reston Artists, "100 Faces in 100 Days" Project, General business meeting: 7:00 to 7:30pm, Demo/Talk, 7:30-9:00pm, 10780 Parkridge Blvd., (room to be announced -- check back here), Reston, VA 




1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

Wish I could come and tell about the marvelous experience my daughter, two grandson, and I had in sitting for you to have our portraits painted. It was a wonderful experience, and I hope to see you and Randy in SC again this year.