Sunday, March 29, 2009

Italian Street Scene Painting in Progress


I was working on "Caffe Bar" today ... and it's almost done. Maybe tomorrow. I love the shadow patterns and dynamism of the strollers on this one. See other similar paintings on this blog and on my web site. See the gallery/places page.

It's been a busy few days. I've taken out additional gallery/studio space from the Artists' Atelier and have installed lighting and painted it for a grand opening this coming Friday. Come to First Friday, April 3, 7-9pm at 1144 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA, Suites D (the new downstairs space housing the Great Falls School of Art and two new studios) and Suite G (the Artists' Atelier: working studios and galleries of 15 artist -- including me). In Suite D, see the new studio/gallery space and meet some of the teachers at the Great Falls School for Art. For a full bulletin and registration form, go to Great Falls Foundation for the Arts web site.

This past Friday, I spent about 4 hours picking out frames for my most recent paintings. It's hard work! The work, though, looks phenomenal in these new frames. Just in time for the Grand Opening. My framer is FrameMasters in Fairfax, VA. Check them out.

And, the April edition of American Art Collector, page 51, shows my painting "Sunday Morning" that was selected to be part of Salon International 2009 in San Antonio, TX at the Greenhouse Gallery. "Sunday Morning" looks great in what happens to be my favorite art magazine.

"Caffe Bar" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

web site: www.jillbanks.com
email: jillbanks1@aol.com
phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: