Friday, October 17, 2008

Studio Tour 2008 Kickoff Party


If you ever get invited to a party hosted by the artists of Great Falls Studios or the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts, go! What a great party tonight. It's just, always, a ridiculously fun time.

I took photos -- but not many. I always start off strong, with all good intentions, and then totally abandon my camera once the fun gets in the way.

Tonight was the kickoff party for the Studio Tour. The turnout was fantastic (you can't tell from the pictures -- see above paragraph). There was a hat contest and Jon Fisher, the one wearing a wood sculpture on his head, won Most Creative Hat. Jon's a fellow Great Falls Studios board member and artist who has a sense of humor second to none. He makes three to four hour board meetings amusing. That's a feat.

Jon's also the hard-working, ridiculously successful Communications Chair for Great Falls Studios. If you live in Great Falls and read the local paper, you're aware that artists have overtaken the neighborhood. That's Jon's work.

I hope you visit Jon's studio and the other 39 artists (including me) who are participating in the Great Falls Annual Studio Tour this weekend. See www.GreatFallsStudios.com to download a map and brochure. I'm in Studio #10, the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. The Tour is self-guided, free, and is taking place all over Great Falls this Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm. Come join us! Bring art-loving friends and collectors. And, it's okay to buy before the election. I promise.

I will work at giving you a recap of some of the events of this week as soon as I can. So many things to talk about.

The top picture shows Al Reitan, Carole Fisher, Jon Fisher and Pat Mercer Hutchens enjoying themselves. The blur is courtesy of laughter. The other photo depicts my studio set for the Tour. Come taker a closer look.

I hope to see you this weekend!
Jill

No comments: