Saturday, July 19, 2008

Teaching Portrait Painting Classes


This past Wednesday, July 16, marked the first day of classes for the newly-formed Great Falls School of Art (part of the Great Falls Foundation for the the Arts -- see www.gfffta.org for more info) and my portrait class was the very first class. I am teaching two classes -- both on Wednesdays and the Summer 2008 schedule includes six classes for each session. The photo shows three students from the morning class tackling quick light/dark painting exercises depicting the model.

Vicki Blum, a terrific fellow artist, is teaching Still Life Painting on Thursday evenings. I had the pleasure of witnessing the start of her class. She created a gorgeous setup just waiting to be painted.

If you are interested in receiving information about my classes, the Great Falls School of Art offerings or know someone interested in modeling, please email me at jillbanks1@aol.com.

No comments: