Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finalist in Artist's Magazine's 25th Annual Art Competition



I just found out that my painting "Max" is a finalist in Artist's Magazine's 25th Annual Art Competition in the Animal/Wildlife Category. The pooch's owners are Jim and Kathy Gudger -- longtime, great friends who let me "borrow" their poodle for this animal portrait. I was painting it for my entry in the Artists' Atelier show at Seneca Hill Animal Hospital and Spa in Great Falls, VA -- but it was bought off my easel within a day or two of completing it. It didn't last long -- thus I ended up painting my Murano cat for that show -- featured in an earlier post. That exhibit ends Monday, August 4.

This is my second time as a finalist. The first time around was in the portrait category for "Alan."

1 comment:

pat said...

Jill, That wonderful news! I am so happy for you. It's so motivating to hear how you are so active and getting recognized. Congratulation!