Thursday, November 30, 2017

Interview in Italy and Holiday ArtFest Ahead

Short, belated post ahead.
"La Proscuitteria," oil, 24"h x 36"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
The making of this painting is my favorite story/adventure of 2017 ... which means quite a lot in an adventurous life.  Read about it here ... and you can watch a video interview by the two neatest employees of the restaurant I was painting through that link.

You're Invited
Last First Friday Art Walk until Spring 2018 at the Artists' Atelier ... December 1, 6-8pm at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066.  I hung a heck of a show of work from the Atelier holiday show participants: me (Jill Banks), Roberta Beasley, Joyce Lee, Walt Lawrence and Cindy Grisdela. It's beautiful and well worth a look.

See it on the Art Walk or on Saturday and Sunday, December 2 & 3, 10am to 5pm as part of the Great Falls Holiday ArtFest. Start in the same address.  For my part, Randy and I hung or brought in 40+ pieces of art. There's lots to see and maybe one will be calling your name.

Winter Classes
Registration is open ... and I hope you'll sign up! Get more info here.

Thanks for reading! 

Jill



Women Artists of the West (WAOW) National Exhibition,  McBride Gallery - Annapolis MD, November 5-December 31
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Jill-Banks-Studio-278493468836508/ (Please like that page if you like it...)
Read the Article: Southwest Art Artist to Watch,  July 2017
Here's a link to the PDF of the wonderful Artist to Watch article written by Kim Agricola. 

No comments: