Wednesday, February 8, 2017

"Fiesta" More Than a Splash of Color

"Fiesta," oil on linen-lined panel, 18"h x 27"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
 www.JillBanks.com

Winter makes me crave color. "Fiesta" is my answer to gray skies, gray ground.  (It was actually wonderful warm out today ... but still gray.)

My subjects were dancers at a Day of the Dead Festival ... sort of.  The littlest girl reminds me of one I haven't painted ... but want to.  The group as a whole reminds me of the rhythms of an earlier NYC painting of mine, "Five Umbrellas." So, color. A subject that is part answer to one that's dancing around in my head. And, shapes and rhythms. All reasons why "Fiesta" made it to my easel. Hope you like it!

There is  a new show in the Gallery/School. Consider taking a look during open hours in February -- on Saturdays, 10am to 2pm and Wednesdays, noon to 4pm at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.  Please stop in for a visit!

Two Art Fairs Officially on the Calendar for 2017 
Acceptances have started to roll in ... Hope you'll mark your calendars.
May 20-21: Northern Virginia Fine Art Festival, Reston, VA
June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Festival, Philadelphia, PA

Thank you for reading and your support... Hope to see you soon!

Jill

Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  



Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com




 

(Please like that page if you like it...)




No comments: