Thursday, February 2, 2017

"Emma at Eight Months" Take Two

"Emma at Eight Months," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
Emma's eight month portrait got quite a bit of rework today.  I just couldn't see her in my prior attempt and it was definitely an anatomy problem. (And in my previous painting session there were too many other things drawing on my concentration.) Mush better day today.

The proportions of baby's/children's heads are very different than adults. I knew there were errors. Fortunately, I figured them out. On Sunday, I'll share the problem-solving process and steps with my Portrait class students with a series of photos of the work in progress and explanations.

Classes are back in session. I have a great group of students including many eager beginners. So far, so good.

We just hung a new show in the Gallery/School. I'll be there on Saturday, February 4 for open hours from 10am to 2pm (probably plus) at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.  Please stop in for a visit!

Two Art Fairs Officially on the Calendar for 2017 
Acceptances have started to roll in ... Hope you'll mark your calendars.
May 20-21: Northern Virginia Fine Art Festival, Reston, VA
June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Festival, Philadelphia, PA

Thank you for reading and your support... Hope to see you soon!

Jill

Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  


Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com




 
(Please like that page if you like it...)




No comments: