Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Spring and Fall in Great Falls

Despite my absence from blogging, these recent days have been busy and exciting. I'll tell you my best day at the bottom of this post. (It's personal -- not art-related.)
"Spring Blush," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©2016 Jill Banks

I put a number of new paintings up on my website a few minutes ago ... so you can check them out at www.JillBanks.com. Two of them represent Spring and Fall, painted plein air in Great Falls, Virginia with some work in my studio today as well.

"Table on the Green," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
"Spring Blush" was painted in April catching the Cherry Blossoms just before they drifted to the ground near the Old Schoolhouse in Great Falls. "Table on the Green" was painted during my free demonstration held at the Village Centre in tandem with the Paint Great Falls plein air competition  (which I had the privilege to judge this year).

Again, more were added to my website ... like "Fiddlin' Around" painted on my last day in San Angelo Texas during En Plein Air Texas. That was SO much fun. The competition was over and we were entertained by fiddlers and a banjo player right after enjoying a hearty breakfast with fellow artists.

DECEMBER 2, 3, 4 -- ART STUDIO OPEN
My studio in Great Falls (at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA) is looking bare right now ... but my home is overflowing with artwork. Must be a sign of something. But it will look great again -- just in time for the last First Friday Art Walk in the Village of the year, December 2, 6 to 9pm. Then, the studio will be open for holiday art shopping on Saturday, December 3, 10am to 5pm and Sunday, December 4, noon to 5pm. It's time for holiday shopping ... what will you treat yourself and your loved ones with this year? I'd be VERY glad to help.

Thanks for reading!
Jill Banks
www.JillBanks.com

Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.  
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
(Please like that page if you like it...)
 
EMMA and PAT
This past Saturday, husband Randy, daughter Sarah, my parents and I headed to Richmond to attend granddaughter Emma's baptism. First, any moments with Emma are sure to make everyone happy and we had plenty of playing time before and after church. Emma's a REALLY content, beautiful baby -- and that's not just grandmotherly bias.  During the baptism she was perfect -- looking around, sweet as could be -- not a peep. Just smiling as she was introduced by the priest as the newest member in the church.

Right after the service, as we got ready to leave, Randy is shaking hands and saying hello to Paul Plonski -- husband of my dear friend Pat from High School in Cold Spring Harbor, New York. Pat works in the church where Emma was just baptized. Wonderful reunion at a special time -- away from home -- in a church that son Sam's in-laws belongs. What a coincidence!



No comments: