Wednesday, June 8, 2016

In Case You Missed It ... Here's "Bohdi"

"Bohdi," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©2016 Jill Banks. Private collection.
Since last night's blog post was so rushed, I'm posting today with my painting of Bohdi -- one of two Australian sheepdogs who shared their abode with me this past weekend.

It was a great pleasure to have pets around. Randy and I have designed our lives so we can get up and go. That's nice but I love the company of cats, dogs or both. So, I guess I'll have to settle for borrowing pets.

Some of you probably remember my painting "La Chien de Grange" of the gorgeous dog keeping watch from his/her stone barn perch.  I wasn't sure of the breed.

According to Bohdi's owner, he or she was also an Australian sheepdog.

There are more events coming up than I've had a chance to add to my web site and events pages. I've been juried into the Long Beach Island Plein Air Plus Competition and Exhibit in New Jersey -- a first year event with artists selected by Nancy Tankersley. Other shows coming up include Armonk NY and King Street Alexandria VA in September. I'm thinking about teaching a plein air workshop in August but will also be enjoying some nice concentrated painting time this summer ... wherever my easel wants to go.

"La Chien de Grange" -- oil, 30"h x 40"w, ©2014 Jill Banks. Bohdi's handsome predecessor.
Rittenhouse Square was wonderful. See yesterday's post for my finished piece from Saturday's painting demonstration at the Farmer's Market.

Jill









Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com

Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

EVENTS
May through December:  First Friday Art Walk, 6-9pm, Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
May 22-June 3: Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club's Member Exhibition at the Salmagundi Club in NYC, Salmagundi Club, NYC. "Seaside Sunset" awarded BEST IN SHOW -- the Board of Directors Award.
June 3-5: Rittenhouse Square 89th Annual Spring Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. Official arts demonstrator: Saturday, June 4, 1pm. Free painting demonstration.
July 9-10: Wickford Fine Art Festival, Wickford Historic Village in North Kingstowne, RI.
September 24-25: Armonk 55th Annual Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY



No comments: