Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Capturing The Majesty of Great Falls Park

"The Falls" at Great Falls National Park, 16"h x 12"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Today was a great one.

Despite the computer beating me at the current game of chess (nothing was working AT ALL this morning), I left the building (home) and headed out to paint undaunted. Technology might not be behaving, but Mother Nature certainly was.

My designated spot for the day was an overlook in Great Falls National Park in Virginia ... and heavenly it was.

What a treasure being there was. I'll be back.

This Thursday, April 21 is the First Day of my Spring Plein Air class. That means if you WANT to join in on the fun, NOW is the time to REGISTER. I know ... subtlety is not my strong suit.

Here's the info:
REGISTER NOW FOR PAINTING THE PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE... starts April 21
There's still room for you ... but sign up now.


Sign up Now for Spring 2016 Classes Taught through the Great Falls School of Art in Great Falls, VA
Painting the Plein Air Landscape: Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm starting April 21.

Fairfax Corners Fine Art Festival This Weekend, April 23 & 24
Free (unless you'd like to take home some beautiful, one of a kind art). Get more info here: Fairfax Corner Fine Art Festival and check back for my booth info.

Plus, I'm hoping you'll Paint with Me in Italy this Summer -- June 26 to July 3.
June 26-July 3: Paint with Me in Italy this Summer! : Plein air workshop in the Piemonte wine region. Find out more about this wonderful trip. I hope you can join me!  Time's running out on this one, too...

Please Paint with Me in Italy this Summer!.
See the Events page for more info/updates

EVENTS

April 23-24: Fairfax Corner Fine Art Festival, Fairfax, VA

May 7-8: A-RTS@Rockville Town Square, Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, Rockville, MD

May 13-15: Art on the Square - Belleville, IL, Outdoor Juried Fine Art Festival (Ranked #1 by Art Fair Sourcebook), Belleville, IL

June 26-July 3: Paint with Me in Italy this Summer! : Plein air workshop in the Piemonte wine region. Find out more about this wonderful trip. I hope you can join me!

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com

Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

No comments: