Saturday, July 25, 2015

Don Juncal in the Studio

"Don Juncal," oil, 14"h x 11"w, ©Jill Banks 2015
One of Don's questions to me, a concern, was how supportive the Great Falls community has been of my and my fellow artists work.  The answer is: amazing!

He's one of the reasons it is amazing.

After having visited with me at many of our art shows, at the Spring art fair, we talked about my painting his portrait. He'd become aware of my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project (January 1 to April 10, 2011) too late to participate ... but we mutually decided that shouldn't stop us from figuring out a way to capture his very nice face and spirit.

So he sat for me at the Artists' Atelier for a few hours yesterday afternoon and this is the result.

For those of you not aware of my 100 Faces in 100 Days Project, please take a look back to the first four months of 2011. Volunteers came and filled my studio, seven days a week for 100 days with their stories, introducing me to their lives. I loved every minute of it. Yesterday was a strong reminder of those days. Don talked about how he met his wife, Lucy. His enjoyment in being a part of his grandkids lives. Lessons learned. Excellent luck.

He was also the kind purveyor of those sunflowers in "Wild Bunch."

Many thanks!!!


The three of us?


Thanks, too, to you... for reading!


Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


See the Events page for more info/updates
July 18-19: Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT. Booth #60
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4: McLean MPA Artfest, McLean, VA
October 16-18: Great Falls Studio Annual Studio Tour, Great Falls, VA (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA)
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: