Friday, May 10, 2013

Plein Air Painting at the Reston Town Center

"Early Evening at the Reston Town Center" work in progress, oil on linen, 22"h x 28"w, copyright Jill Banks 2013
The whole afternoon into early evening was spent on two different scenes around the Reston Town Center -- with my easel set up at least close to the thick of things. While both pieces need more work (I'll return there next week and maybe beyond), "Early Evening at the Reston Town Center" is the most promising. (Translation: I really like it.)

Paint. Visit. Paint.
I started it about 3pm today -- after already having painted for awhile ... and then worked, waiting for sunset to play out its magic or the lamp posts to come on. The challenge is ... they come on when the canvas in front of me is getting tougher to see.

All day long I was covered in paint, too.  I managed to keep it just on me, though.  Scary looking Pthalo Blue and then, Pthalo Green hands ... with some red, yellow, white thrown in for good measure.

Tomorrow -- Saturday, May 11, from noon to 4pm we're having a reception at the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 14 other studiomates at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Come out and see the new show.  I'm hoping some of today's easel visitors come by for a visit.

You can take a look at more of my street/urban paintings on my web site: www.JillBanks.com, click on Works and go to the Places Collection.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435


Events

Women Painters of the Southeast Juried Members Exhibit and Sale
Imagine Gallery, 230 Franklin Road, Franklin, TN 37064
"Sunflowers in the Studio II" juried into the exhibit that runs April 19 to May 20.

"New Works" Exhibit: the Artists' Atelier Gallery, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 4pm through May 31. On view in the gallery: "Ballerinas I," "Ballerinas II" and "Red Pillow." 

Solo Show at Greenberry's Coffee & Tea
6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA 22101
(703) 821-9501
Exhibit of six paintings including "Two Kittens," "Traffic Patterns," "Primary Colors," "Spanish Steps," "Second & Pine Streets," and "Sunlight, Sunflowers and Orange." Through June 30.


No comments: