Friday, October 26, 2012

Article in VivaTysons Magazine

Article in VivaTysons Magazine, November/December 2012 Issue
Since I'm immersed in portrait commission painting (it's going well -- but I needed a break), it's time for news instead of a photo. While we were heading up to NYC for the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club reception being held at the National Arts Club (where "The Poker Club" is still on view), I received a call from the publisher of VivaTysons Magazine. He'd seen my work on the web site and was interested in running an article on me -- if I could get together photos and forward some information to the Magazine.

Luck was and wasn't on my side.  
How it wasn't: I was in the car and my laptop was locking me out of what few paintings that were stored on it. (I keep photos of my artwork on the home desktop computer as command central). I managed to get around whatever sentries were holding those files hostage. It was tricky getting files uploaded ... and some went after paying the Waldorf Astoria's $19 wifi/day charge. Fortunately my bio is on the web site and that gave a starting point for the writer who also called me en route. How it was: Some scurrying but I'm glad to be included in the November/December issue of the very successful VivaTysons Magazine in an article that starts on page 20. You can also go to the archives section at www.vivatysons.com and take a look yourself.

Look for this issue
Greenberry's Coffee and Tea
Seven of my pieces are on view at Greenberry's Coffee and Tea (6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA, phone: (703) 821-9500) through November 30. I've received so many positive comments -- lots of people enjoying spending time with the paintings in one of their favorite spots. I hope you can come take a look.

Walls Full of Art
The Artists' Atelier (1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA) will be full of screens of extra work and the gallery is still hung from Studio Tour if you'd like to take a look during open hours on Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 4pm through November 14.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits
Atelier Open Hours, Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 4pm, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

October 2 through November 30, Greenberry's Coffee & Tea, 6839 Redmond Drive, McLean, VA. Solo show of seven oil paintings celebrating coffee, friends and family and food. 
 
American Women Artists 15th Annual National Juried Exhibition, November 2-25, K Newby Gallery and Sculpture Garden, Tubac, Arizona. "Honey Bunny" is one of 60 artworks chosen from around the country. 

Allied Artists of America 99th Annual Exhibition, November 9-18, National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park, NYC

More events are listed on my web site: www.JillBanks.com

No comments: