Monday, April 30, 2012

"Jill Banks: Out & About" Exhibit Goes Up Tomorrow

Tomorrow afternoon, Randy and I hang my "Out & About" Exhibit at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue. Two vehicles are loaded up with paintings in a room that can hold a maximum of twelve pieces... so we have way too many and I'll be editing in the afternoon.

For the last year, post my "100 Faces in 100 Days" project that ended April 10, 2011 -- I've been open to trying new things ... like painting plein air (even with heat, bugs, challenges), putting up my easel to paint at the farm, asking to paint my Dad's poker club, accepting invitations to paint in different places and outside my comfort zone. Each challenge has brought with it new inspiration. It's more fun to paint today ... than ever.

"Sunset in NYC" painted from the hotel room shower, 24"h x 36"w,©Jill Banks 2012
Stories from the journey. The excitement of trying new things. The experience of being in a particular place that specific day. That's what "Out & About" is about. I hope you'll come take a look.

You're Invited!

"Out & About" Exhibit of oils by Jill Banks

what: Exhibit of my recent paintings (10-12) from adventures near and far

where: Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue Irish Pub, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA

when: May 1 - May 31, 2012
Reception: Sunday, May 6, 2-5pm

Preview the exhibit online at:
www.JillBanks.com
(although I'll know what's really included in the show when it's hung on May 1 ... so, subject to change.)

Exhibits and Events

April 14-May 4, Salon International 2012, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX.  “Contrapposto

May 1-31, "Out and About" Solo Show, Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. Reception: Sunday, May 6, 2-5pm.  
 
May 15-19, Wayne Plein Air Festival 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA. Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art 
Center. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: