Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another Day on "Merry Go Round"

"Merry Go Round" work in progress (Day 5), oil on linen, 30"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
I'm not quite done with "Merry Go Round." Maybe there's a day or two more to go. But, tomorrow the week starts again ... and quite a week it will be. Monday is day three of my portrait class ... and we have a great model, studiomate Brenda Drake. After that, I finish taking down my 100 Faces in 100 Days exhibit. Tonight Randy and I brought half of it home. Tuesday is Still Life class. Wednesday I speak at the Rotary Club. Thursday we patch and paint the gallery and pick up screens for Artfest. Friday and Saturday will be consumed with figuring out how to set up my tent, packing, making labels, other prep, etc. And, Sunday's Artfest. There will be some painting ... other than the walls of the gallery ... thrown in there somewhere.

It's time to wash my brushes, relax and think about tomorrow. Sounds exciting, eh?

UPCOMING EVENTS
MPA Artfest Outdoor Arts Festival, Sunday, October 2, 10am-5pm
Booth #35, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Oct. 15&16, 10am-5pm
Artists‘ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA

Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Painting Event, October 20-22 

ON EXHIBIT
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC, October 4-28

Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11
To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

ageless said...

Dear Jill,
This past Saturday, Sept. 24th., Joan and I were in the Safeway Store in Grat Falls, doing some shopping. This charming lady wtepped up to me and you two are in the ioo Faces in 100 days by Artist Jill Banks and you were a Model for her. What a pleasant surprise this was to us. You are famous our friend. Oscar & Joan